Friday, November 05, 2004

New to the knitalong

Hi, everyone. I've just joined. I'm knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf for my husband. He picked out Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Lumberjack Red for it. It's definitely an interesting choice for this scarf, but it's turning out better than I thought it would. Because of the chunkiness (is that even a word?) of the yarn I'm only doing two cables.

I fell in love with this scarf when I was practicing on scrap worsted weight yarn and so I've decided to make myself one as well. Mine will be out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in cranberry. I'm trying to figure out how to make a matching hat. Has anyone tried it or have suggestions for how? I'm a new knitter and although I have some idea of how to do it, I'm not really sure.

I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

Mands

2 Comments:

Blogger Dympna said...

I was also going to recomend the hat from Knitty.com.
I am making that hat right now for my mother and it is beautiful.

Sat Nov 06, 12:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am totally going to do a modified coronet from Knitty. I'm in love with it!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mon Nov 08, 04:43:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home