Sunday, December 04, 2005

Finito!

I've finished my scarf! For some time I was calling it the "scarf of doom" as it seemed like the energizer bunny - it just kept going and going and going.....

But I LOVE the finished product!

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Chocolate
Needles: Sz US 8 Susan Bates Circ.
Dates: Started back in late October/early November
For: one of my best friends who lives in MA, where you need a chunky warm scarf!
Mods: None!
Thoughts: I bound off in pattern and it caused the BO edge to be wavy. Next time I'll BO knitwise the whole row.

I also completed two Irish Walking Hats:


I started out making the Basic Cable Hat from SnB Nation, but modified it into the Irish Walking Hat.

The first is a wee one for my nephew and the adult sized one is for a friend who went to UNC, I hope the color is close enough to Carolina Blue!
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool
Needles: Sz 7 Clover Bamboo 16" circ and DPNs
Dates: late October/early November to mid November
Mods: I did the first hat exactly like the Basic Cable hat and it didn't fit an adult, so I modified the second to cross the cables on the 8th row and did two more repeats and added one more cable section.
Thoughts: I would do more ribbing the next time I do this and possibly lose that extra cable section to make it more snug.

1 Comments:

Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Very cool. I am on my 3rd set of rows. I am making the same hat. I am also converting the SnB hat to the IH Cable. You did an great job. Very cool

Sun Dec 04, 01:25:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home