Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tri-Colour Scarf

I am about a third of the way of my first Irish Hiking Scarf! I picked Patons Classic Wool Merino, in Denim Blue, Cream and Grey Mix. I wanted a baby-blue and I think it would have looked better but this is lightest blue I could find. In spite of that, I do like it very much, and I am having lots of fun! I changed the original pattern by adding a 4th cable (I wanted it wider) and by making a 1x1 ribbed edge. If I have any wool left, I would like to try a hair band wide enough to cover my ears from the cold. I will definitely knit more of these!!

www.thecraftyweasel.com

4 Comments:

Blogger pdxkatie said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! The stripes are so daring! I've been wondering what this fabulous pattern would look like with stripes - yours turned out lovely! Way to take a chance!

Wed Jan 04, 03:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! I, too, had wondered how it would look with stripes. Thanks for sharing. :)

Wed Jan 04, 07:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger delirious said...

Looks great! I love the colors you put together.

Thu Jan 05, 12:45:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many stitches did you cast on to add the extra cable?

Fri Jan 13, 01:53:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home