Friday, March 10, 2006

First cable project, first KAL -- woohoo!

First, thanks so much for letting me join your KAL! This is my first real cable project and my first knit along so this is doubly exciting. :)

Here's my Irish Hiking Scarf thusfar. I'm using Knit One Crochet Too Paintbox yarn in the Tandoor colorway. Besides being a little itchy, I really like this yarn. It works up easily and I love the way the colors flow into each other.

Also, note my stupid ultra-cool cable needle stand-in. (If anyone ever needs proof that I'm not worth the air I breathe, this may very well be it!) Sure, I could get up and walk the 20 feet into my living room to procure a real cable needle, but... well, I'm just so unequivocally awesome that getting it myself is beneath me. Hence, the screwdriver.

Irish Hiking Scarf, WIP

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobo said...

LOL! LOVE the screwdriver! I'm equally lazy, uh, creative enough to use pens and paperclips as cable holders. Beautiful colors!

Fri Mar 10, 05:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger LLA said...

I think the screwdriver is *brilliant* - and I, too, fall victim to inertia (all too frequently...)

pretty colors, too!

Sun Mar 12, 10:50:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home