Sunday, June 18, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf, Completed

This was completed over the weekend, and is all set for Father's Day.
('Cause that's what you need in the South in June....a wool scarf! Ah, well - I figure it'll keep until the fall and football season!)

Done in Lamb's Pride Worsted in "Dynamite Blue".

This was a fun little knit; and I quickly got into the groove with the pattern, even though it has been years since I cabled anything.
It was a nice project to sit and knit on while watching the season finales of all my shows... It's only June, and I am missing "sweeps month" already!


June 18th Update: Talked with my father today - and he received the scarf and seemed really pleased! He made a similar comment about really needing a scarf when the temperature was pushing 90° (like father, like daughter, I suppose) but said that the color was perfect for Kentucky Blue and that he's looking forward to football season... Thanks again so much for sharing this pattern!

5 Comments:

Blogger April said...

What great stitch definition and the color is definitely a winner! Good job! :)

Tue May 30, 03:26:00 PM CDT  
Blogger AJ said...

The blue is absolutely stunning. Very nice!

Tue May 30, 03:54:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that the color is fabulous. Beautiful!

Thu Jun 01, 09:17:00 AM CDT  
Blogger LLA said...

Thank you, all! :)

Thu Jun 01, 03:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Nonna Rose said...

The blue cable knit scarf is awesome!

Thu Jun 01, 05:06:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home