Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Experiment - Cables w/o a cable needle.


I decided to try doing this cable without a cable needle - I used to the two needle cable technique that Wendy demonstrates on her site - see the link for directions.

I wasn't very happy with how it worked out -- the failure may be in my technique, since I am not a very experienced knitter, but the two needle technique left an extremely stretched stitch on the far left of the cable - you can see it clearly in the picture, compared to the very neat unstretched stitch in the cable below, which I worked with my cable needle. I think the smaller size of the cable needle is what helps here.

It is a very interesting technique though, and I am glad I learned it -- it will definitely come in handy to know how to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hi Anna,

Your scarf looks really great. I'd like to encourage you to experiment more with Wendy's "No Cable" technique. I'm sure once you've done it a few times you'll never use a cable needle again!

Thu Jul 06, 12:17:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home