Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gedifra Fashion Trend Stripe




I bought this Gedifra yarn in a very small shop in an Alpine Village in Austria. I stay there every summer when I am there teaching. I started the scarf while I was traveling and will finish it here at home. I see that this yarn is not listed on the left as a yarn that has been used by others for this scarf. Am I a FIRST TIME user of this yarn for this scarf??? I think it is very beautiful and I love the colorways as they float across the surface revealing different angles and shades of the cables. This yarn is so soft. It is made in Italy. It is 49 % Acrylic and 51% New Wool. I love it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I have seen this yarn often on various websites and often wondered what i could do with it - i now know. I would nothave thought of using a self-striping yarn with cables thinking they would be to 'fussy' but yours looks lovely, the colours are so autumnal. can't wait to see the it finished.

Sat Jul 08, 03:22:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I chose it because it was a very soft transition, almost ghostlike in quality. There is a grayed smokey blue color mixed in with the deep crimson red which softens the red throughout the entire skein of yarn. Then, the soft smokey blue grey turns lighter in places which makes that lighter stripe. I think it "works" but when I started it I was not sure if it would. But, I liked the yarn so much I had to give it a try. When I bought the yarn I had three of my students with me, and together we chose it for this scarf. I think I had some good advice because it is really knitting up beautifully. I can't wait to get going and get more of it done later today.I will put up photos when it is finished. This yarn is a DREAM to work with. No splitting at all. If feels like I am knitting a cloud.

Sun Jul 09, 05:11:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home