Monday, November 06, 2006

Finished Scarf!

I suppose I joined this KAL a little bit late to get in on the WIP action, but there are more scarves planned for the future, so it's all good...

Here's my finished version of the IHS, made for my husband's birthday this year. I decided to modify the pattern and try a braided cable, which was relatively easy to do. I used Schachenmayr Alpaka and I must say that I'm quite pleased with the results!

If anyone is interested in trying the braided cable, let me know and I'll write out the pattern - it's quick and easy, I promise :)

ETA: Go to http://lackofalltrades.blogspot.com for the pattern - it's in the post from today, called "All Knitting, All the Time" (Sorry I'm not better with links)

4 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

It's beautiful -- I love the alpaca halo ! I'd love to have the braided cable pattern too.

Mon Nov 06, 06:45:00 AM CST  
Blogger Janet said...

i would love the braided cable patter also!!

Mon Nov 06, 10:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rachel said...

That looks amazingly soft. I like your variation; the braids remind me of bread!

Thu Nov 09, 09:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

LOVE that braided cable - where can I find the pattern? Is it in the Harmony Aran Stitches book?

Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

Fri Nov 10, 01:31:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home