Monday, November 27, 2006

One done, one in the works



My first Irish Hiking Scarf. It took two skeins of Plymouth Encore yarn, and I could have probably used more. I went up a needle size because, with the pulling in of the cables, I didn't think a size 8 gave a wide-enough scarf. Now I have a very warm scarf that is a bit shorter than I would wish. When I stretched it width-wise, it was at least 8 inches! Heehee. My brother fell in love with it, though, and it is so very warm. I loved this pattern and have another in the works for a Christmas gift. I can't wait to try this pattern with a hat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I really like the color change you made - the two colors look very nice. Beautiful scarf. I have made one, and keep thinking I need to make another one. I used FIVE skeins of yarn for mine. It is just right.

Mon Nov 27, 10:04:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home