Friday, December 22, 2006

I LOVE this pattern!!

I joined the KAL about a week or two ago, started a scarf and hat for my son and finished them up for Christmas. We checked to make sure the hat would fit and it does. His comment was, "I think it's perfect". This is from a 17 year old who has never had or really wanted a hand knit item from mom. I was tickled pink!!




I modified the scarf because it was ending up way too wide, and I knew he wouldn't wear it. I went down two needle sizes from the pattern and I took out one of the cable repeats.

I used Kathmandu Aran in the light grey colorway(I don't recall the number, maybe 120). The hat took 1 1/2 balls, and for the scarf I used 2 1/2 balls.



Now I have a darker brown for a hat for dh. I doubt I will get it done for Christmas, but probably before he has to go back to work in January.

These are great patterns, especially the hats and mitts made to go with the scarf. Thank you to all the designers out there!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home