Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hi from Australia


I stumbled upon this site while looking for a scarf to knit for ISE 4 (International Scarf Exchange) - one of the other participants (well probably more than one!) was a member. It looked so cool that I just had to try, even though I had never (successfully) managed cables before.

I am making the scarf using posmerino, a 80% merino wool/20% possum fur combination yarn from New Zealand, a lovely soft yarn.

This is one of those patterns that look a lot more complicated than they are in reality to do. It's also a fairly quick knit. I'm very happy with how it is turning out.

A warning for other knitters who have not knitted with cables before - this pattern eats up yarn; you'll need about 25% more than for a scarf knitted in a plain stitch. I'll be lucky to get a 55 inch long scarf out of the 350 yards of yarn.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home