Wednesday, June 27, 2007

my scarf

My scarf has become a bit of a slogalong after a really good start. I picked it up a few weeks ago (during the Louis Vuitton yacht races) and did a whole lot. Unfortunately when I looked at it in the morning I had obviously gone into autopilot and the first 2 stitches (out of 4 or so pattern repeats *sigh*) were purls instead of knits. And it annoyed me, normally a small error like that wouldn't but this one did. And because my edge stitches are always wierd and this involved one of those I ripped all the way back rather than just dropping down.

Anyway - after that I didn't pick it up again for a few weeks but yesterday (during America's Cup yacht race - Go Team NZ!) I caught back up to where I was pre-ripping back. With a minimum of three more America's Cup races to go, screening live in the wee hours of the morning here in New Zealand, I hope to get back on track and get the thing finished. I need it - was 0 degress C this morning *brrr!

It is knitted in grey / purple Hummingbird Aires and is gorgeously warm.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Maybe you shouldn't knit during races...?

Looks absolutely lovely and the yarn is ideal. Really must get on with mine!

Sun Jul 01, 01:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fabulous yarn for this scarf

Mon Jul 02, 09:35:00 PM CDT  
Blogger EnnaVic said...

It is gorgeous yarn. Complete impulse buy in a sale with nothing in mind for it.
I decided early into the scarf that I should really have made it a 2 cable adaptation because it is very thick and isn't going to wrap around my neck all that well - but I love it anyway.

Tue Jul 10, 05:23:00 AM CDT  
Blogger EnnaVic said...

... and Jo is quite right - I shouldn't knit during races - the time difference meant they were starting around 1am our time and I am not a night owl!

Trouble is it was nice quiet knitting time and that is a precious commodity in our house *g*

Anyway - NZ lost to Alinghi and no more races for a year or three now.

Tue Jul 10, 05:26:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home